April 3, 2018
Does the appearance of your smile factor into your ability to be successful? According to recent studies conducted, it can have an impact. Researchers found that 73 percent of groups surveyed said they would trust a person with a nice smile more so than someone with a high-powered job, flashy wardrobe or expensive car. Even more important to consider, though, is how your smile makes you feel. If your teeth are dull and stained, one of the great ways to enhance the way they look is with ZOOM! teeth whitening. Learn what this cosmetic procedure entails as you continue reading.
What is ZOOM! Teeth Whitening?
You may notice that there are stains on your teeth that don’t seem to be fazed by brushing. The ZOOM! method offers a safe and highly effective remedy. It’s a bleaching process that takes around an hour to complete.
Here are the steps:
- Your lips and gums will be protected before any work commences with a special fixture that allows your dentist access to your teeth.
- Your dentist will then apply a high-powered whitening gel that will begin to break down the stains.
- Then a special light will be a shined on your ivories to activate the gel’s bleaching properties for roughly 15 minutes. This part of the process is done three times.
- After the final application, a sensitivity gel will be applied to your teeth to prevent any uncomfortable sensations.
You’ll leave your dentist’s office with pearly whites that are up to 10 shades brighter, leaving you smiling with confidence!
How to Maintain Your New Smile
The process of maintaining your perfected smile is simple.
Here are some tips that’ll help:
- Foods and Drinks that Stain – You should limit your consumption of foods and beverages that contribute to staining like tomato sauce, berries, tea, coffee and wine.
- Oral Hygiene – After eating or drinking anything other than water, it’s best to immediately brush and floss your teeth before the staining agents have time to dry and settle.
- Tobacco Products – Whether you chew or smoke tobacco products, you can expect the chemicals released to cause very unflattering stains and discoloration. These activities are best to be avoided.
The Power of Visiting Your Dentist
A final way to increase the longevity of your beautiful smile is to maintain visits to your dentist for cleanings. While there, any built-up food particles and bacteria will be removed, helping to ensure the health and wonderful appearance of your ivories.
So to make the best impression on the people you meet and gain the confidence you deserve to have, reach out to your dentist in Colchester to ZOOM! into whiter teeth!
About the Author
A graduate of the Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry, Dr. John Liscio has been practicing dentistry for nearly four decades. In addition, he has received post-graduate training from such institutions as the Orognathic Institute of Bioesthetic Dentistry, the American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry and several others. You can learn more about how Dr. Liscio can revamp your smile through his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.